A surround sound system is critical to the home movie experience, but with the range of speakers on offer, what kind of setup you do you choose? Here are ten things you should ask yourself before buying a system.
- How much do I have to spend?
- What size speakers do I need?
- Where will they need to go?
- Must my speakers look dynamic/modern/traditional/colourful?
- What are bass-reflex and the alternatives?
- Where are the cables going to go? Wireless rear speakers?
- How loud will my new speakers be?
- Should I buy the same brand for all of them?
- What will they be used for? More for music or videos?
- Have I spent enough time on this long-term decision?